Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Framed Vintage Post-Cards

I had this frame in my room for a while, but I had nothing to put in it. Any print I had lying around wouldn't be the right dimensions. So I decided to make something myself. Not long ago, I bought The Big Ass Book of Home Decor (Which I highly recommend and will be doing more projects from), and found a perfect project for this frame. Simply take pages from an old book, glue it to the cardboard insert that comes with the frame. Then you place old postcards on top and voila!


In the original book, he used postcards with black and white photos, but I thought these were nicer. They're actually prints, not photos. I couldn't find any black and white photos that I liked, so I figured this is better. Plus, I was kinda worried that if I didn't get just the right kind of black and white photo that it would fade into the background.

I still have another, much larger frame to put something into. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment